One of England’s premier Blues/Rock outfits
Roadhouse was formed in 1991 by Gary Boner, ably assisted throughout by the driving bass of Bill Hobley and the powerful drumming of Roger Hunt. Seizing on an eclectic mix of influences from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Creedence Clearwater Revival, the band has developed a sound all of its own. In the words of a recent Blues Matters review: “They veer towards the rocky side of the Blues, but are clearly Blues based and play in a punchy style with musicianship and original songs of the highest quality”. Roadhouse is a merger of experienced Blues/Rock musicians and 3 dynamic, young female vocalists
Roadhouse play a South London twist on gothic Americana, the songs paint cinematic soundscapes and feature themes of desperation, film noir, loss of hope and redemption
– Have released 10 critically acclaimed CD’s, their 11th CD, Dark Angel to be released on Cross Border/Blues Matters records in November 2010
– Their last 3 CD’s have achieved global airplay in over 30 Countries including full rotation in over 20 stations in the USA
– Roadhouse have played over 50 major festivals across Europe including 7 years on the biggest stage at the National R&B festival in Colne, 2 appearances at the National Blues festival Burnley and 8 consecutive years at the giant Monsters of Blues and Rock festival in Skegness. Roadhouse also played to 10,000 people in Antwerp city centre along with Dr Feelgood. This was all capped by their appearance at Glastonbury 2010
– In 2004 their CD, No Place To Hide was nominated by critics as best blues rock release from the UK in that year. This lead to a specially recorded live performance which was aired on the Paul Jones show on BBC2.
– Roadhouse have opened for and played alongside acts like Joe Bonamassa, Walter Trout, Pat Travers, The Animals, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Wilko Johnson, 9 below Zero, Connie Lush, Never The Bride and Mick Taylor of Rolling Stones fame and many, many others.
Gary Boner (Guitar Vocals)
Roger Hunt (Drums)
Bill Hobley (Bass)
Danny Gwilym (Guitar)
Mandie Graham (Vocals & backing vox)
Sarah Harvey-Smart ( Vocals & backing vox)
Guest past member vocalists